Supply chain planning software leader achieves record growth; to continue momentum in 2019
TROY, Mich., February 28, 2019 – DemandCaster, the leader in cloud software for agile, end-to-end supply chain planning, today announced it achieved record growth in 2018. In the past year, DemandCaster, an independent business unit of Plex Systems, introduced enhanced product capabilities, expanded its base of subscribed customers, and grew its annual recurring revenue by 95 percent. Accomplishments included:
Improved Product Capabilities and ERP System Integration
- DemandCaster enhanced the analytics capabilities within the platform leading to deeper insights for optimizing inventory levels. The new analytics recommend the best forecasting/planning approach for each item by considering an item’s sales history, business importance, and expected demand to allow for faster and more informed stocking decisions.
- DemandCaster software recertified as a Built for Oracle NetSuite Integrated SuiteApp for the third consecutive year. Companies that leverage NetSuite as their ERP system benefit from the API-driven integration which enables fully automated bi-directional data exchange. This high level of automation increases accuracy by eliminating error-prone spreadsheets from the planning process and also drives efficiencies by empowering planners to seamlessly move from forecasting and planning to the execution of orders in NetSuite ERP.
Global Brand Growth
- DemandCaster achieved significant market traction in 2018, attracting new customers from around the world. New customers include manufacturers and distributors of consumer and industrial products within several vertical industries including food and beverage, health and beauty, pet care, home goods, medical devices, and industrial sensors. DemandCaster is now used in 10 countries.
- Companies like ASK Power, STM Brands and TCHO Chocolate are using DemandCaster to effectively maintain inventory levels that balance their service goals with their financial objectives.
Recognition for Industry Leadership & Team Expansion
- DemandCaster was recognized by CIOReview magazine as one of the “10 Most Promising Demand Forecasting Solution Providers.”
- DemandCaster welcomed General Manager Tom Nessen and added key roles in sales, professional services, and customer support. It also expanded brand awareness with the launch of a new website.
“We’re extraordinarily proud of our recent achievements, but we’re even more proud of our ability to deliver powerful and intuitive enterprise-level capabilities that enable planning teams to be more agile and proactive,” said Tom Nessen, General Manager, DemandCaster. “We look forward to enhancing our solutions in 2019 to help our customers take advantage of the efficiency, growth and innovation offered by fully digital, connected and automated supply chains.”
DemandCaster’s 2019 roadmap activities include expanded forecasting and predictive analytics enabled by machine learning and Industrial Internet of Things (IoT). These updates and enhancements will help companies become more efficient and profitable by deriving value from the supply chain, transforming the planning function into a growth driver.
DemandCaster supply chain planning software empowers organizations around the globe to stay ahead of the unexpected with insight and agility. DemandCaster’s cloud-based software solutions are designed to integrate with virtually any ERP system to help companies of all sizes and complexity accurately forecast demand, optimize inventory, support sales & operations planning, and efficiently execute day-to-day operations. DemandCaster turns the agile supply chain planning process into a continuous driver of efficiency, profitability, and growth. DemandCaster is an independent business unit of Plex Systems. Learn more at www.demandcaster.com.
About Plex Systems
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 600 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.